Operations and Finance Manager
Religious Freedom Institute (Washington, DC area)
The Religious Freedom Institute (RFI) is seeking a talented manager to help drive its growth as an early-stage non-profit dedicated to achieving worldwide acceptance of religious freedom as a fundamental human right, the cornerstone of a successful society, and a source of international justice and peace.
Job Description and Responsibilities
The Operations and Finance Manager (OFM) position is essential to all aspects of the operation and administration of RFI and will work closely with the leadership team to enhance the effectiveness and impact of the organization’s programs. The OFM role will be responsible for providing oversight of the back-end functions of the organization, including finance, human resources, administration and compliance, and office management areas.
The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of administrative experience, ideally with a non-profit organization. The OFM should have a strong understanding of non-profit accounting, planning and budgeting, and grant management. He or she will have experience with human resources and compliance regulations, including managing employee on-boarding and benefits, and will have familiarity with IRS and local non-profit filing obligations and regulations.
The ideal candidate will possess the ability to set and execute tasks, identify problems, develop and implement systems, clearly communicate action items and decision points, work independently, meet deadlines, and manage up to enhance organizational and team effectiveness.
The OFM will play a central role in a growing organization. In addition to administrative functions they will also be closely involved in the execution of programs, including event planning and logistics and providing administrative and functional support to the leadership team and action team directors in the United States and internationally.
Desired Experience and Background
- Bachelor’s degree (Non-profit management, administration, or accounting are a plus)
- 3-5 years of administrative experience, including at least 2 years of budget and finance management experience, and 1-2 years of supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite.
- Outstanding interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Superior writing and communication abilities.
- Experience with non-profit accounting and finance, including managing grants.
- Familiarity with IRS regulations and requirements governing non-profits.
- Proven skills in time management; strong attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and work with frequent interruptions.
- Commitment to the mission of the Religious Freedom Institute.
Washington, D.C. area
- Competitive Base Salary ($55,000-$65,000, commensurate with experience)
- Retirement plan with excellent employer match
- Superb professional development opportunities
- Flexible work schedule
- Dental, vision, and healthcare plans for employees and their families
Please send a cover letter and resume, along with the names and contact information of three references, to RFI@religiousfreedominstitute.org
The Religious Freedom Institute (RFI) is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
The Religious Freedom Institute (RFI) is committed to achieving broad acceptance of religious liberty as a fundamental human right, the cornerstone of a successful society, and a source of national and international security. It will achieve this goal by convincing stakeholders in select regions that religious freedom can help them achieve their own goals—political, economic, strategic, and religious. Action Teams will establish a presence in each region to build coalitions and work toward making religious freedom a priority for governments, civil society, religious communities, businesses, and the general public. http://www.religiousfreedominstitute.org/mission/