Research Assistant (South / Southeast Asia)
Religious Freedom Institute (Washington, DC area)
The Religious Freedom Institute (RFI) is committed to achieving broad acceptance of religious liberty as a fundamental human right, the cornerstone of a successful society, and a source of national and international security. It will achieve this goal by convincing stakeholders in select regions that religious freedom can help them achieve their own goals—political, economic, strategic, and religious. Action Teams will establish a presence in each region to build coalitions and work toward making religious freedom a priority for governments, civil society, religious communities, businesses, and the general public. (http://www.religiousfreedominstitute.org/mission/)
Job Description and Responsibilities
The Research Assistant will:
- Support the work of RFI’s leadership team and program staff with research, writing, data collection, and program management tasks.
- Assist in communications and digital media tasks, including drafting, reviewing, editing, and publishing of articles, reports, blog contributions, website posts, and social media posts.
- Assist with logistical and administrative tasks related to events and other organizational activities.
Desired Experience and Background
- Graduate student or junior or senior undergraduate student in Political Science, International Relations, Regional Studies, or related field.
- Minimum GPA of 3.5.
- Ideal candidate will have demonstrated interest and experience in South and Southeast Asia, including understanding of political, religious, and cultural issues. Proficiency in a regional language is a plus.
- Part-Time, approx. 10 hours / week
- Hourly rate of $12.50
- Term: 3-6 months (Spring semester)
- Location: Washington, D.C.
Please send a cover letter and resume, writing sample, and a letter of recommendation from current academic adviser or dean to RFI@religiousfreedominstitute.org